Instagram

Friday 5 July 2013

The lure of Marimekko and 10 dollar skinny jeans.

Chapel Street, South Yarra.
A mecca of sales, food and boutiques.  
And where else could I find the perfect pair of skinny jeans for 10 dollars.  Which (sort of) justifies the rather more than 10 dollars I spent in Marimekko on fabric.

Oh my goodness...Marimekko fabric!  Finnish, crisp and scandanavian.  Vibrant colours, bold patterns and strong, monochrome designs. 

I've been looking for the perfect black and white designs for ages, but with no luck in the UK.  Or Japan.
Unfortunately, everyone else must also appreciate the perfect Marimekko monochrome designs aswell, as not one of them was included in the sale. So, I emerged with a bag full of colour and not a monochrome among them.  
Now, that's willpower!

http://www.au.timeout.com/melbourne/shopping/venues/2159/marimekko


No comments:

Post a Comment