Instagram

Saturday 3 November 2012

Diversifying.

Today is a lazy day.  On the sofa, bowl of cheerios in hand,  I am trying to muster up the enthusiasm to finish Scarlett while  ignoring the splatter of hailstones falling down the chimney.  6pm, but feeling much later.  Not a big fan of winter.
 I love my owls, but my shop is missing small, impulse buy items;  items that are (relatively) quick to make and can sell for under £10.  I think £10 is a cut off price for impulse buys,  and it would add variety.  So I  have been experimenting with gadget cases, and will soon be an expert on phone dimensions, ipod dimensions,  kindles.  So many gadgets, makes my one solitary phone look quite minimal, never having owned an ipod or a kindle.  
But what I do own is a hot water bottle...a beautiful, moss green hot water bottle, bought from a wonderful Folksy shop called Selvage.  Yes,I have reached the age where I find hot water bottles exciting - I love hot water bottles,and Selvage does  beautiful ones!
http://folksy.com/items/2508449-knitted-hot-water-bottle
http://folksy.com/items/3778986-Snoozy-Owl-gadget-case

2 comments:

  1. So are you making hot water bottle covers?
    :)

    crow cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just buying them :) I never learned to knit, and I'm so jealous of people who can! I'm a leftie, and my mum is right handed, so when she tried to teach me when I was little, I never quite got it.

    ReplyDelete