Instagram

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Pinstripes, pyjamas and a penchant for paisleys.

On a day when I can finally see sun amongst the clouds I am blowing the cobwebs off my forgotten blog.
I admire squirrels, with their talent for hibernating.
I could quite happily hibernate under a duvet for the winter.
And pyjamas really are the ultimate in comfort clothing.

As spring approaches, I am still hanging on to winter fabrics.
Can you really beat the tactile softness of wool and tweed?
Pirate owls are still decked in pinstripe, although I am now veering towards a gorgeous herringbone wool in charcoal grey, a new find from the fabulous Lee Mill of Swansea, a man who shares my love of Brick Lane.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/179844871/a-pinstripe-pirate-owl-cushion-owl?ref=shop_home_active_6
Ahhh, the lure of Brick Lane.
Every month I get an urge to return to London, and every time I get drawn back to Brick Lane.
I love the vibrancy, the energy...the limitless photo opportunities!
Last time this involved lurking on a street corner in the rain to capture a bike revving through a puddle on the rain soaked road. 
Thank goodness for an abundance of bikes.  
And a perfectly placed puddle.




.












Some of my favourite vintage fabrics have come from Brick Lane, including this 1960s one, which was perfect for a retro dachshund.

http://folksy.com/items/5363341-Ditzy-Dachshund-A-51cm-x-27cm-cushion-20-inches-x-10-5-inches-#


Roll on Brick Lane in March!
I never need much of an excuse to visit London, but March coincides with a knitting and stitching show at Olympia, so it would be rude not too...
http://blog.folksy.com/2014/02/13/knitting-and-stitching-show-ticket-offer

2 comments:

  1. Liking the pinstriped owl... Looks like he works at the city then nips off for a spot of marauding in his lunch break.

    noodleBubble X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou!
    Love the marauding in his lunch break description :)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete