Instagram

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Pirates in pinstripes.

With autumn nights closing in and Halloween around the corner, it's time for a revamp.

Having taken inspiration from my recently rediscovered and fantastically retro Adam Ant vinyl collection, it's out with the florals and in with the skull and crossbones, for a pirates in pinstripes theme.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/163587499/pinstripe-pirate-owl-owl-pillow-owl?ref=shop_home_active

I've never found boy themed fabrics particularly inspiring within the UK, with the numerous toy car and aeroplane patterns being much of a muchness and the blue-for-a-boy colour schemes not being particularly imaginative.
But that was before I discovered a wonderful Etsy supplier in Tokyo, who not only has a fantastic array of fabric designs, but decorates her packages with the most amazing Japanese stamps.
The fabric also consistently arrives within a week of ordering.
Highly recommended, and link below!
Scientist owl has been made with a particularly wonderful Kokka fabric from this shop.
It features a whimsical take on a science lab.
I love this fabric, and nobody does whimsical design quite like Kokka!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    I love these new owls! Soooooooooo sweet :)

    I'm also an Adam Ant fan ;)

    Best wishes,

    Kat :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thankyou :)

    I've just ordered a fantastic pirate fabric from Tokyo - it was a late night impulse buy - most of my impulse buying appears to be after dark...

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete